Russ Minas papers
Scope and Contents note
Collection includes materials related to Russell Minas. Other materials included relate to various anti-nuclear movements and organizations in the United States and the former USSR.
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access note
Access to the collection is open with assistance from the archivist or staff.
Conditions Governing Use note
Open for Research. Copyright for Official University records is held by Utah Valley University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Russell Y. Minas is a collaborative family lawyer and member of the International Academy of Collaborative Professionals. He graduated from the University of Utah College of Law with his Juris Doctor in 1989. He participated in many anti-nuclear organizations through-out was lifetime including peace walks across the United States and in the USSR. He was also a criminal defense lawyer for the "Trident Three" activists who were charged with criminal trespassing at demonstration site protesting a nuclear missile manufacturing site in Magna, Utah.
5 Linear Feet (4 boxes (2 boxes, 2 flat box 1s))
Collection consists of materials related to Russell Minas and various anti-nuclear movements and organizations in the United States and the former USSR.
The series arrangement is as follows: 1. Nevada-Semipalatinck-Moruroa Movement; 2. Humboldt social responsibility pledge; 3. National Lawyers Guild; 4. Peace Test; 5. Test Ban Congress; 6. International Peace Walk; 7. Hercules trial documents; 8. newspapers and articles; 9. correspondence; 10. invoices; 11. essays; 12. miscellaneous; 13. ephemera.
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of Russell Minas.
Gift of Russ Minas.
Acknowledgment of Bias and Harmful Content
The Sutherland Archives recognizes there are materials in our collections that may be offensive or harmful. Materials may contain language or depictions that are racist, sexist, Eurocentric, ableist, homophobic, etc. We present such materials unaltered to preserve context and to present a complete historical record. Sutherland Archives staff is making efforts to update our finding aids to acknowledge offensive content.
- American Peace Test (Organization)
- Firmage, Edwin Brown
- Humboldt State University
- International Citizens Congress For A Nuclear Test Ban
- International Peace Walk
- International Physicians for the Prevention of Nuclear War
- Long, Maggie
- Minas, Russ
- National Lawyers Guild
- Nevada National Security Site (Nev.) Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nevada-Semispalatinsk-Moruroa Movement
- Nuclear disarmament Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Nuclear weapons Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Protest movements Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Soviet Union
- Test Ban Congress
- U.S. Atomic Energy Commission Subject Source: Local sources
- Unilateral nuclear disarmament Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- United States Comprehensive Test Ban Coalition
- United States. Department of Energy
- Utah Peace Test
- Women's International League for Peace and Freedom
- Finding aid prepared by Joel Sparks, student intern
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- 2022 March: Edited for description and organization errors; Amy Roberts, Archives Specialist, and Blake MacDonald, Archives Aide.
Part of the Fulton Library George Sutherland Archives Repository
800 West University Parkway
Orem Utah 84058 United States