E. Mark Bezzant collection of vocational education studies
Scope and Contents note
Collection contains institutional research and graduate school dissertations about former students at the Utah Technical Trade College in Provo, Utah.
- Bezzant, E. Mark (Person)
Language of Materials
Conditions Governing Access note
Access to the collection is open with assistance from the archivist or staff.
Conditions Governing Use note
Open for Research. Copyright for Official University records is held by Utah Valley University; all other copyright is retained by the authors of items in these papers, or their descendants, as stipulated by United States copyright law.
Ernest H. Dean received a Bachelor of Science degree from BYU (1937) in Chemistry and Agronomy, a Masters Degree from BYU in Vocational Education, and a Doctorate in Educational Administration from the U of U. He worked at the Utah Trade Tech (Utah Valley University) as an educational administrator and research development director until his retirement. His assistance helped bring about the college's accreditation by the Northwest Association. His influence helped change the image of the college helping it progress and grow and become what it is today.
1.5 Linear Feet (3 boxes)
Collection includes institutional research of former vocational students at Utah Technical College authored by Ernest H. Dean and others.
Series arrangement is as follows: 1. general vocational education research 2. Utah Technical College vocational education research
Immediate Source of Acquisition note
Gift of E. Mark Bezzant.
Acknowledgment of Bias and Harmful Content
The Sutherland Archives recognizes there are materials in our collections that may be offensive or harmful. Materials may contain language or depictions that are racist, sexist, Eurocentric, ableist, homophobic, etc. We present such materials unaltered to preserve context and to present a complete historical record. Sutherland Archives staff is making efforts to update our finding aids to acknowledge offensive content.
- Actions and defenses Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Agriculture Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Badger, Charles Edward
- Duckworth, Michael H.
- Palmer, Donald S.
- Pratt, Steve, 1940-2012
- Smith, Jewell D.
- Texts Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Universities and colleges--Technology Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Utah Technical College at Provo
- Utah Valley University
- Vocational education Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Vocational school graduates Subject Source: Library of Congress Subject Headings
- Finding aid prepared by Joel Sparks, student intern
- Description rules
- Describing Archives: A Content Standard
- Language of description
- Script of description
- Language of description note
- 2022 February: Edited for description and organization errors; Amy Roberts, Archives Specialist, and Blake MacDonald, Archives Aide.